If you are new to using EFT, remember- you don’t have become intimidated by “doing it right.”
There are a myriad of different ways to use EFT, in this 6 part series we will explore a full array effective EFT techniques. You will learn what each technique is useful for and step-by-step instructions on how to use each method to maximize the effectiveness of your tapping.
Part 1: Constricted Breathing Technique
- Starting an EFT session.
- Using EFT with someone who “doesn’t know what to tap on.”
- Introducing EFT to a person who has never done it before.
- Beginning a session with an asthma sufferer.
- Tapping with a person who feels trapped, constricted, constrained, or controlled by someone or something in his or her life.
1. Take a deep breath.
2. On a scale of one to ten assign a number to how deep of a breathe you can take. A ten would be filling your lungs entirely with air, while a zero means you cannot take a deep breathe at all.
3. Begin by tapping on your karate chop point while saying your set-up phrase: “Even though I have this constricted breathing, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
Note: If it is too emotionally intense for you (or your client) to say “I deeply and completely love and accept myself” you can instead say, “I am open to the possibility of one day accepting myself.”
4. Tap on all your EFT points, one at a time, while saying this “ this restricted or constricted breathing” as you tap each point seven to nine times.
5. Once again rate your ability to take a deep breathe on a scale of one to ten.
Ask: Can you feel your lungs filling with more air now?
Does it feel like you can take a deeper breathe?
6. If more air in the lungs/a deeper breathe is achieved, continue to step 7. If no progress is made try rubbing both of your sore spots (the tender area in your shoulder, upper chest where lymphatic fluid collects) as you say your set-up phrase “Even though I have this constricted breathing…” Then tap on all your EFT points while saying your reminder phrase “ this constricted breathing.”
Rate your ability to take a deep breathe.
If no progress is made, say your set-up phrase with more believability, either by changing the wording to feel more genuine or just saying it with more emphasis as you rub your sore spots. Continue tapping on the remainder of your EFT points as you repeat your reminder phrase.
7. Begin your next round by saying “Even though I still have some of this remaining constricted breathing, I (love myself, accept myself, or your choice acceptance phrase)” as you either tap on the karate chop point or rub your sore spots.
8. Next tap on all the rest of your EFT points while saying “remaining constricted breathing” as you tap on each points.
9. Breathe deeply.
If necessary, repeat the above steps to continue doing more rounds of tapping using set-up and reminder phrases that include the words “remaining constricted breathing” until a deep, relaxing breathe is achieved.
Stay tuned for the next installment, when we’ll discuss Part 2.
In the meantime, feel free to discover more information about EFT and what it can do for you. Simply click the link below to visit my website.