Reiki is a non invasive healing modality, based on the body’s energy fields and the energy of the practitioner. This ancient Japanese method of healing has reciprocal effects.
In other words it can benefit not only the client but the practitioner.
This modality uses energy to heal the body.
As a practitioner at a large hospital in the northeast with a Healing Arts Department, I have witnessed the benefits of a Reiki session first hand. A patient may be anxious and in pain when the practitioner enters the room and very often their distress has been reduced significantly – after the treatment – about 30 minutes later.
Reiki as complementary therapy
When working with clients, it is important to establish a baseline of their current anxiety or pain so the treatment can be measured pre and post treatment. Reiki is used as a complementary therapy to traditional medicine, for people suffering from a wide range of ailments.
Below are benefits that can be expected from Reiki treatment:
- Stress reduction & relaxation which triggers the body’s capacity for natural healing.
- Reiki gives relief from emotional stress and sorrow.
- Speeds recovery & increases the body’s ability to heal.
- Increases energy levels.
- Dissolves energy blocks that cause pain and emotional distress.
- Balances body systems.
- Helps restore inner peace and well being, effective to treat anxiety disorders and mood swings.
- Pain relief from migraine, arthritis, sciatica – just to name a few.
- Reiki can improve relationships by fostering acceptance and forgiveness – an open heart.
- Reiki can help one to focus more clearly.
How Reiki Works
Reiki heals by using the practitioner’s and client’s energy; charging the fields with positive energy to promote healing.
The practitioner uses their hands to transmit energy to the body working with the body’s 7 chakra points that include:
- Root, located at the base of the spine. This area corresponds emotionally to feeling grounded.
- Sacral, lower abdomen. Emotionally governs acceptance.
- Solar Plexus, belly. Self worth.
- Heart, midline heart area. Love.
- Throat. Expression.
- Third Eye, between brows. Focus.
- Crown of head. Spirituality.
The treatment involves placing hands lightly on the chakra areas. The client usually feels a warm sensation from the practitioner’s hands. The practitioner moves from one area to the next. The treatment takes about 30 minutes. Concluding the treatment, the practitioner will “brush” the air above the client – to remove stale energy.
For those who are skeptical about Reiki, usually one treatment session will change their mind. You will leave with a sense of well being that is hard to deny.