Okay, after a few people asked about my smoothie recipe that helped me lose 12 pounds and 2 inches off my waistline in a little more than a month (6 weeks to be exact) I’m sharing it with you here.
This recipe will fill 2 large glasses, which is perfect for my wife and I because after my gut started going down she wanted in on the breakfast fun!
Awesomely delicious breakfast smoothie
Here you go…
- 3 to 4 large spoonfuls of Greek yogurt (I use Fage Total, plain)
- 3/4 cup of 100% fruit juice (I use Juicy Juice Fruit Punch)
- 1 cup milk (you can substitute almond milk or something else)
- 2 handfuls of Welch’s Tropical Blend frozen fruit
- 2 handfuls of Welch’s Blueberry Fusion frozen fruit
- blend on “grind” for 30 seconds, then on “frappe” for about 2 minutes
Why these ingredients?
I wanted to keep it simple. I was already buying the milk and juice for the kids, so wanted to use what we normally had on hand. And I live in the northeast where farmer’s markets are only realistic for 3 months a year.
So there you have it.
Now… I also cut out almost all carbs (absolutely no potatoes) and I ride my exercise bike everyday for 15 to 16 minutes. But I was doing all that BEFORE the smoothie and just wasn’t make much progress. So I think the smoothie had a LOT to do with the transformation.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments below…
Are you a nutritionist?
List your practice on the largest online directory for holistic health today.
Discover an easier way to get found by more people who are actively searching for you online. Simply click the link to our alternative medicine directory sign up page where you can review the benefits of listing your practice here.